Literally, we saw poop on the floor at the mall last night. Feces, bowel movement, excrement; it doesn’t matter what you call it – it was there.
I’ve added numbers to the above mall directory map to document the order of events that led to this “discovery”.
1. Something smells…bad. So I run through a few questions in my mind: Is it me? (I did have a fish fry for dinner.) Is it Beckett? (Usually it is.) Is there a Cajun Express nearby? But the answer was no to all of those.
2. This is where I’m holding Beckett up so I can smell him for a second time. No, still not him. The smell is getting stronger.
3. My eyes are watering. Something is wrong here. I scan the area for someone changing a baby on a bench – nothing.
4. I see something out of the corner of my eye by the teeth whitening booth. I look closer and eureka, thar she blows. A steamy pile right there in the middle of the walkway. Shouldn’t someone be doing something about this? I ask myself.
5. I look back at it one more time as we hurry away, just to make sure I’m not hallucinating. I’m not.